If you haven’t heard of Shills Purifying Peel-off Mask by now, it’s pretty much the most popular peel-off mask of the decade. I first saw this pop up around the end of 2016 on Instagram and Facebook sponsored ads, with thousands of comments asking where to purchase them, if they really work, etc.
At first, I was reluctant to purchase the mask as I had no idea where it originated from, or if it was really worth the money. Would this mask really do what it’s supposed to do (AKA remove all of your blackheads and acne). Clearly, anyone interested in beauty products went nuts- this was the upcoming mask of the 21st century and here it was, being displayed on social media right before our eyes!
After a few months of research and watching videos of the brave souls who attempted the mask (Check out one of my favourites here), I decided it was time to take the plunge and try it out!
SHILLS Purifying peel-off mask is a carbon black full face mask that claims to ‘remove dulling surface cells and impurities while vitamins and plant extract soften the skin to restore a youthful glow.’ It also claims to remove acne, blackheads and make your skin super soft with its deep cleansing properties.
The box it came it was smaller than I expected. Once you open the cap, there is no seal or anything to protect the mask from coming out. The product doesn’t smell awful, I actually kind of thought it smelled floral-y after opening it. I squirted the tiniest bit out on my fingers and it was very sticky and thick, I washed it off after and had to scrub it with soap in order to remove it!
I tested it again on my chin and nose, and then the next day I tested it on my full face. I do testing in case I am allergic to any ingredients in the mask!
How to Use
1.Apply on a dry and cleansed face
2.Take appropriate amount and spread evenly across the whole face or specific area (avoiding eyes, lips, eyebrows area).
3.Wait for 15 to 30 minutes until the mask is completely dry.
4. Peel off the mask gently from the bottom slowly.
- I left the mask on for a good 35 minutes just to get the full effect from it. I touched it after about 20 minutes and there were small parts that were still drying off, which was fine. The mask doesn’t hurt when it’s drying, it does feel slightly tight but I use a lot of face masks so if you don’t like the tight feeling, I may not recommend this mask.
- After the mask dries, it’s the fun part AKA peeling it off! The good thing was that when the mask came off, I could see tiny blackheads and impurities from my skin on the mask. It looked like there were little white hairs sticking out all over the mask which were from my pores.
- My skin was incredibly soft after peeling the mask off. My face definitely was noticeably cleaner.
- The mask HURTS! I anticipated that pulling of the mask would feel uncomfortable but it feels like you are trying to peel glue off your face. It especially hurts on the cheek area! I would advise not to put the mask near eyebrows, I don’t think I need to explain why!!
- You have to use a lot of the mask in order to fully cover your entire face. I wanted my face to be completely covered so I probably used about 1/4 (if not more) of the bottle in one sitting.
- Although the mask does pull impurities from the skin and I did notice a slight difference in my pores, my pores were still the same size and I could still see dirt in them. As I mentioned above, my skin was noticeably cleaner and softer but my pores didn’t have much of a difference.
I give this product a 6.5/10. It was good, it did mostly what it said it would do, but I didn’t see the amazing result on my skin that others have achieved. My skin was cleaner and softer and the impurities did come off/out of my skin, but my pores were not any cleaner. This has been a HUGE problem for me over the years and I have yet to find a product that will fully clean out my pores. I anticipate that if I use this mask about 2-3 times a week, this problem may get better, but I will just have to see!
I would recommend trying this product out, as it will work differently for everyone depending on your skin. It also would likely depend on how much product you use, how often you use it, and what kind of results you are looking to achieve. This product does work, so I will still recommend it.
Read some other SHILLS Purifying peel-off mask reviews from bloggers here: