I know I usually write about healthy and wellness living, considering I am extremely passionate about what I do and what I write about on a daily basis. BUT, with the spirit of Christmas in the air and the holidays less than two weeks around the corner, a dessert recipe is needed, no, it’s MANDATORY!
I have many, many, many favourite recipes to make around Christmas but I decided to share one that I haven’t made in a couple of years. This recipe pretty much appeals to anyone who likes chocolate, cherries, and a luscious graham cracker-buttery crust. Need I convince you more that you need to make this recipe?
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Bar White Chocolate
1 Cup Flaked Coconut
2 Jars Maraschino Cherries- 1 Red jar and 1 Green jar (250 mL each)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Grease a 13″ by 9″ (3.5 L) baking pan. Place oats in bowl and toss with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the butter.
- Spread oats onto baking sheet, toast in over for 10-15 minutes until golden, stirring occasionally
- Remove from oven and combine toasted oats with graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and remaining butter.
- Press onto bottom of prepared pan and bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 10 minutes.
- In bowl, combine coconut, cherries, white chocolate, sprinkle evenly over base
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over coconut mixture to cover completely.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown around edges.
- Cool completely, cut into diamond Shapes
Makes about 40 bars.
I hope you guys will find as much enjoyment out of these bars as I have!